Sonoran Glass School inspires people of all ages and abilities to discover the wonder of glass art. We seek a Director of Communications and Marketing with creativity, vision, and skill to create and coordinate our overall outreach strategy. We are looking for a storyteller who is able to leverage the mission, vision, and values of this unique nonprofit enterprise with the goal of inspiring deeper engagement with our community. The Director produces and employs content for a variety of platforms including traditional and social media, printed materials, presentations and video. Audiences include students, donors, media, community partners, and key influencers.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and senior leadership to develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
- Create and execute a robust, cohesive social media campaign.
- Develop and refine Sonoran Glass School’s core messages to ensure consistency across platforms.
- Identify significant media outlets and relationships that can be leveraged to support Sonoran Glass School’s work; create and implement plans to leverage them.
- Support the development and creation of fundraising and comprehensive campaign marketing collateral, including direct appeals, case statements, gift proposals, and videos.
- Oversee organizational response to inquiries about the school’s mission, programs, and events.
- Document SGS events through photographs and video; create collateral for promotional materials.
- Plan events, both on and off campus, and take a lead role in coordinating the annual Flame Off.
- Be an ambassador for Sonoran Glass School and an open and enthusiastic collaborator with colleagues and school leadership; create a welcoming atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing/Communications, Journalism or related field and 3+ years marketing and communications experience that includes brand management, media relations, and graphic design
- Ability to coordinate and create compelling stories and written copy to meet dynamic business goals and deepen engagement
- Understanding of web content strategy and proficiency with WordPress
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to research and recommend marketing and communication strategies based on market analysis, data analytics and customer input and to evaluate the success of implemented strategies using data
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- A commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in messaging and in interactions with coworkers and constituents
- Experience within the local arts landscape and/or knowledge of glass arts
- Knowledge of AV equipment
Please reply with resume, cover letter, and work samples.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location