We offer one-on-one private instruction in each studio for students who want more personal attention. One-on-one instruction is great for glass students at any skill level. We require students to book four one-hour sessions in our Hot Shop and two one-hour sessions in our Warm Shop and Flame Shop. In order to schedule your one-on-one instructional session, we require a credit card number before the time of your lesson. Please see our Refund Policy.
- Full payment is due at the time of services; no exceptions. Please sign safety release and submit with payment.
- Failure to show: Session will be canceled after 30 minutes, and a one hour deposit will be charged to your credit card.
- Friends and guests are not allowed to assist unless approval has been authorized by SGS staff.
- Students will be charged for the replacement of any equipment damaged. Costs will be paid in full before any further studio use is authorized.
- A $25.00 clean-up fee will be charged to students if the studio is not left the way it was found.
HOT SHOP (Glassblowing)
Members: $35/hour + Instructor fee approx. $20-$35/hour
Non-members: $50/hour + Instructor fee approx. $20-$35/hour
Minimum 4 hours (2 hours if scheduled back to back with another class)
Includes cullet, limited color, and 30 minutes cold shop
Members: $35/hour + Instructor fee approx. $30-$45/hour
Non-members: $50/hour + Instructor fee approx. $30-$45/hour
FLAME SHOP (Torchworking)
Minimum: 2 hours
Includes gas, and kiln fees, glass may be extra depending on what the class is.
Members: $55/hour/ person
WARM SHOP (Kiln Fusing)
Members: $5/hour + Instructor fee approx. $30/hour
Non-members: $10/hour + Instructor fee approx. $30/hour
Minimum 1 hour
Members: $5/hour + Instructor fee approx. $45/hour
Non-members: $10/hour + Instructor fee approx. $45/hour
COLD SHOP (Cold Working)
Instruction: $30/ hour