- Session II: December 14 & 21, 2015/ Mondays / 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Class fee includes all tools
Also, there is a $15.00 material fee payable to the instructor on the first day of class.
This class is also a stepping stone that will allow you to take our intermediate to advanced soft glass classes.
Skills to be Learned:
- Learning how to wind glass evenly onto a mandrel
- Applying decorations such as dots, dots-on-dots, plunged
dots, raking, feathering.
- Shaping with gravity
- Pulling with stringers and latticino cane.
- Learning how to make bead snaps such as round, cone, bi-cone, lentil, and many more..
Each class allows you to practice these skills in the studio and use them to create a variety of items you can take home with you each night.
Other topics covered in this course: Safety (ventilation, eye ware, work station setup and ergonomics). Tools and how to use them effectively. Proper kiln usage, temperatures, and how to program a kiln for best results. Torch operations, as well as flame settings and their use. How to harness gravity and use it to your advantage. Project planning, preparation, and execution.