Registration Information and Policies
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Many instructors and students travel to Tucson for classes, and it is strongly encouraged that you register 60 days in advance to avoid class cancellations. Sonoran Glass School will only issue confirmation calls/emails when a class has enough students to run.
- Add classes to your shopping cart, and then proceed to our secure checkout.
- If you prefer, download the registration form and mail, fax, or email the completed form to SGS.
- We reserve your spot in a class once we receive a payment method for the full tuition/materials fees. Once a credit card number or check has been received by SGS, a student is registered for a class.
If not registering online, send the registration form with tuition to:
Sonoran Glass School
633 West 18th Street
Tucson AZ 85701
Fax: (520) 623-9680
Cancellation/No Show Policy
We process all class tuition prior to class start date. Call SGS for current one-on-one and rental rates. All cancellations are subject to the following charges:
- For Pre-Paid Classes/Workshops: If you cancel after a class has been confirmed, your tuition will be credited toward another SGS class or glass experience. This credit is applicable for 12 months.
- For Unpaid Classes/Workshops: If you cancel less than 24 hours before a class starts, or if you do not show on the first day of class, you are subject to a charge of half of the membership class fee.
- All “no shows” are subject to the following charges:
For one-day experiences: We charge $20 per group.
For 1-1 or Rental Sessions: We charge 1 hour of the current studio rate.
Student Safety Information
All students are required to wear closed toed shoes; no exceptions will be made and refunds will not be given. Anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be dismissed immediately and without refund. SGS reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student whose conduct is deemed detrimental, without refund. Many glass art classes involve working around high heat environments and students who have certain health considerations may not be eligible to take every class at SGS. In our effort to ensure your safety and the safety of others, we require all students to fill out a safety questionnaire. SGS reserves the right to deny access to or remove any student from a class. This right will be used at SGS’s discretion based on our assessment of an individual’s potential risk of injury. SGS will issue a partial refund for any remaining class sessions upon receipt of a doctor’s notice if it is determined you should not participate.
Class Tuition Refund Policy
In the event of a family emergency or illness after a class has been confirmed, students will be able to apply their tuition toward another class or glass experience at SGS. We issue refunds only in cases where the student knows they will not be capable of taking a class at SGS. If for any reason a student must drop out of a class and consequently has monetary credit with SGS, this credit is only applicable for 12 months.
SGS strives to make all of our classes, workshops, and community activities accessible for people with all types of disabilities. If you or someone you know has a disability and would like to participate at SGS, please call us and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
SGS reserves the right to cancel a class on the basis of insufficient enrollment or due to circumstances beyond its control. SGS reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify a course, or substitute instructors at any time.
SGS is not responsible for any personal property left on premises. SGS is not liable for student projects left on premises for more than 2 weeks.
Our gift certificates are available for a specific monetary amount (not for a particular activity) and can be applied by the recipient for any SGS service. Gift certificates are non-refundable and expire 15 months after purchase date.