Cancellation/Refunds/No Show Policy
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Many instructors and students travel to Tucson for classes, and it is strongly encouraged that you register 60 days in advance to avoid class cancellations. Sonoran Glass School (SGS) will only issue confirmation calls/emails when a class has enough students to run.
– Add classes to your shopping cart, and then proceed to our secure checkout.
– We reserve your spot in a class once we receive a payment method for the full tuition/materials fees. Once a credit card number or check has been received by SGS, a student is registered for a class.
Questions? Please contact us.
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 520-884-7814
– For groups of seven people and larger, a 50% deposit is required. For cancellations less than 24 hours before the class and for no-shows the deposit will be forfeited.
– All class registrations and reservations must be accompanied by a 50% deposit. Full tuition is due by the first day of class.
– Cancellation made 7 days prior to the first day of class will receive a 50% refund or full class credit. No refunds will be given within seven days.
– In the event that SGS needs to cancel a class, a full refund will be issued.
– Refunds are sent within 30 days of the notice of cancellation or refund request.
– No Shows will be responsible for the full cost of the class, experience, or workshop scheduled.
– Registration for Workshops (Visiting Artists or other multi-day intensives) requires a 50% non-refundable deposit. Tuition must be paid in full 30 days before the date of the class.
– Cancellations before thirty days will be refunded minus the 50% deposit.
– Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable. In the event that SGS needs to cancel a workshop, a full refund will be issued.
Student Safety Information
– All students are required to wear closed toe shoes; no exceptions will be made and refunds will not be given. Anyone suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be dismissed immediately and without refund. SGS reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student whose conduct is deemed detrimental, without refund. Many glass art classes involve working around high heat environments and students who have certain health considerations may not be eligible to take every class at SGS. In our effort to ensure your safety and the safety of others, we require all students to fill out a safety questionnaire. SGS reserves the right to deny access to or remove any student from a class. This right will be used at SGS’s discretion based on our assessment of an individual’s potential risk of injury. SGS will issue a partial refund for any remaining class sessions upon receipt of a doctor’s notice if it is determined you should not participate.
Class Tuition Refund Policy
– In the event a student needs to cancel after a class has been confirmed, students will be able to apply their tuition toward another class or glass experience at SGS.
– If for any reason a student must drop out of a class and consequently has monetary credit with SGS, this credit is only applicable for 12 months.
– SGS strives to make all of our classes, workshops, and community activities accessible for people with all types of disabilities. If you or someone you know has a disability and would like to participate at SGS, please call us and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
– SGS reserves the right to cancel a class on the basis of insufficient enrollment or due to circumstances beyond its control. SGS reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify a course, or substitute instructors at any time.
– SGS is not responsible for any personal property left on premises. SGS is not liable for student projects left on premises for more than 2 weeks.
– Our gift certificates are available for a specific monetary amount (not for a particular activity) and can be applied by the recipient for any SGS service. Gift certificates are non-refundable and expire 15 months after purchase date.