As part of our educational mission, all of Sonoran Glass School’s studios are available for public rental. Glass artists and students who meet our qualifications may rent our Hot Shop, Flame Shop, Warm Shop, and Cold Shop. Rental sessions are a great time to finish projects or work on new ideas. An SGS staff person will be on site and available during all rental sessions.
Please see our Refund Policy.
Discounted Studio Rental Days
Regular and Private Studio Rentals
* Full payment is due at the time of services. No exceptions. Please sign safety release and submit with payment. Rental time must be reserved in advance. No walk-ins.
* Failure to show: Session will be canceled after 30 minutes, and a one hour deposit will be charged to your credit card.
* Friends and guests are not allowed to assist unless approval has been authorized by SGS staff.
* Renters will be charged for the replacement of any equipment damaged. Costs will be paid in full before any further studio use is authorized.
* A $25 clean-up fee will be charged to renters if the studio is not left the way it was found.
Small Glory Hole
Members: $40/ hour
Large Glory Holes
Members: $55/ hour
Minimum 4 hours
Includes cullet, 30 minutes cold shop. Renter provides their own color.
Cullet use over 5 lbs. /hr (20 lbs. for four hours) will be charged @ $3/lb.
Professional artists must fill out studio rental invoice sheet
Non-members add $5 to pricing
1-5 hours: $15/hour
6-25 hours: $13.50/hour (10% discount, must prepay number of hours wanted)
26 + hours: $12/hour (20% discount, must prepay number of hours wanted)
Minimum 2 hours
You must bring your own glass, or purchase at Sonoran Glass School.
Hours are M-F 9am – 4:30pm (when available: no rentals during classes, 1:1’s, etc…)
Call the school to schedule your time, rent at other times or to ask about availability.
Renter provides their own glass. (*As approved by SGS staff. Exceptions or restrictions may apply.)
Kilns: $35 for Paragon, $50 for Evenheat
This is a daily rate based on a 12 to 24 hour firing cycle.
Minimum 2 hours
Renter provides their own materials.
More About Our Studios
SGS is a fully equipped glass art educational facility, home to a Hot Shop, Flame Shop, Warm Shop, and a newly expanded Cold Shop. Our Hot Shop features a 400 pound Hub furnace, three glory holes of varying sizes, three large kilns, a roll up kiln, two Paragon color boxes, and three work benches. Our Flame Shop is equipped with eight Nortel major/minor burners, three Paragon kilns of varying sizes, plenty of hand tools, and an assortment of Borosilicate, 96 COE, and Effetre glass. Our Warm Shop includes four large work tables along with additional outdoor workspace, three 22″ Paragon kilns, three large bathtub kilns, a variety of small AIMS “igloo” kilns, plenty of hand tools, and an assortment of fusible and non-fusible glass. Finally, our Cold Shop features an upright grinder, grinding lathe, bench grinder, three 24″ grinding wheels, one 8″ grinding wheel, three wet saws, ring saws, large sandblaster, and small engraving tools.